Monday, December 14, 2009

Teacher, that is a good drawing of a flying ham

I have this running gag with one of my first grade classes. When I draw a picture on the board, they say in unison "Teacher, that is a terrible drawing." It's adorable and gives them a nice, safe way to lash out at an authority figure. Also, my drawings are terrible. For some reason today I was drawing a propeller and a jet engine. "Teacher that is a terrible drawing." Then this one kid says, and I'm sure he put a moment into constructing this sentence, "Teacher, that is a terrible drawing of a jet engine but a good drawing of a flying ham."

Also, this afternoon in another class I was helping somebody with something and another student raises her hand and asks what "so shitty" means. And I was like "What?" and she was like "So shitty, teacher? What that mean?" And I looked in her book and the word was "society" and you know, given all the weird special cases that exist in English pronunciation, I think she gave it a really good try.

1 comment:

  1. That's very damn funny, Teacher!

    How wintery is it there so far?

    ReplyDelete